10 World’s Largest Countries
We collect the 10 largest countries in the world in terms of land area. We provide the countries that are inhabited by that exclude Antarctica, which would be in the second position right. The 10 largest countries in the world are following:
- Russia: (17,075,200 square kilometers) is the largest country in the world, ranging between Europe and Asia. Its coastline stretches from the Arctic Ocean to the North Pacific Ocean, and also has coast inland seas such as the Baltic Sea, Black Sea and Caspian Sea.
2 – Canada: (9,984,670 square kilometers) occupies most of the territory of North America. Bordered to the south with the continental United States. The country stretches from the Atlantic Ocean and the Davis Strait east to the Pacific Ocean in the west. Canada has a reputation for cold country. Indeed, winters can be harsh in many regions of the country, with risks of blizzards, ice storms and temperatures below -50 ° C in the far north.
- United States of America: (9,631,420 sq km): North, the continental states share borders with Canada and Alaska, the Arctic Ocean; South bordering Mexico and the Gulf of Mexico; To the east is the Atlantic Ocean, and west, the Pacific Ocean.
- China: People ‘s Republic of China: (9,596,960 square kilometers) is a country located in East Asia, the most populous in the world with over 1,300 million, and the fourth largest in terms of land area. China has borders with 14 countries. Given its size, naturally it contains a variety of landscapes and climatic zones. In the central area of the east are the deltas of the two major rivers, the Yellow and the Yangtze.
- Brazil (8,511,965 square kilometers): The Federative Republic of Brazil is the largest country in South America and fifth in the world. Brazil’s border areas with all South American countries except Chile and Ecuador. Their national capital is Brasilia, which replaced Rio de Janeiro in 1960.
- Australia (7,686,850 km²): This is a nation located in the southern hemisphere, occupying the entire mainland Oceania, the smallest in the world, plus several islands in the Pacific, Indian and Antarctic oceans continent. The great Barrier reef , the largest coral reef in the world, (one of the 10 natural wonders of the world ) is within walking distance of the northeast coast and extends for over 2,000 kilometers.
- India (3,287,590 square kilometers). A country in South Asia which comprises most of the Indian subcontinent is the second most populous country in the world (after China) India borders Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, China, Myanmar and Bangladesh.
- Argentina (2,766,890 square kilometers) is a country located at the southern end of America. For its size, it is the second state in South America and eighth worldwide. The Argentine mainland is located between the Andes, the South Atlantic Ocean and the Antarctic continent.
- Kazakhstan (2,717,300 square kilometers) is a country in Central Asia. Kazakhstan is the ninth largest country in the world. Its size is roughly equivalent to Western Europe. The country lies on a huge steppe situated between the Caspian Sea and the Altai Mountains
10. Sudan (2,505,810 square kilometers) is located in North Africa, along the Red Sea, between Egypt and Eritrea. It is partly crossed by the Nile and its tributaries. With an area of 2,505,810 square kilometers, it is the largest country in Africa . In the center is a great plain, bordered to the east and west by mountains. In the south the climate is tropical, while in the north is desert, where the rainy season occurs from April to October. Desertification that extends over time to the south, and soil erosion pose serious problems for the country.